Tuesday, 26 July 2011
if you are a fan of well made handmade accessories, jewellery and paper goods with a vintage whimsy feel you must go and take a look at my blog friend Marion's shop PrimChick.
i ordered this yummy lip balm locket from her recently and i just had to take some pictures to show you how lovely the packaging and detailing was. the locket lip balm is such a good idea - i'm going to pop mine on a vintage style chain and wear it constantly - i am addicted to lip balm but it always goes missing so, now it wont!
some more of Marion's handmade goodness -
Marion also has a wonderful blog - tales from our cottage where she shares updates on her shop, car boot finds (love those posts) creative inspiration and more. please be sure to stop by and say hi!
Tuesday, 19 July 2011
hello everybody, hope you are all doing great.
i am doing a bit of research on details for my wedding range (it's small but i'm getting there) and found these really unique ideas for table numbers. sometimes i am simply astounded by the level of creativity people have when it comes to wedding details and decor aren't you?!
here are some more ideas -
- display in frames - either an empty frame with the label strung from the top of the frame and then positioned leaning against a decorative item such as a vase or prop (ie. just the frame alone with no glass etc.inside) or, you could have a normal frame with the backing still in place (but no glass) and decorate the back of the frame with nice wallpaper or doilies and then stick the label into the centre of the frame.
for the frames you can get lots of cheap frames from flea markets and charity shops etc.. you could also paint the frames to match your theme.
-hang the table numbers from a wine bottle or vase
- wrap, tie or stick your table number onto a selection of vintage books. if you want to tie the number on then some nice bakers twine or velvet ribbon looks really good for this.
- use photo stands to display them with - the ones that have those clips that you clip the photo onto
- underneath a glass cloche or dome either on it's own or with a selection of decorative props
- or simply leaning against something in a prominent position on the table ie the centrepiece area or at the end of the table
do you have any other unique ideas for table numbers that i could add to the list?